Welcome to the Derbyshire Pathfinder website. This site is to provide additional information to colleagues across Derby City and Derbyshire on the current status of the project, provide background information for new people joining our local health and social care system and to host resources linked into clinical information systems.
Derbyshire Pathfinder is a suite of tools embedded in clinical information systems for use by GP Practices in their daily consulting work, and also support back office staff. Derbyshire Pathfinder can be “summoned” by pressing the F12 button.
In simple terms, Derbyshire Pathfinder is a locally created suite of referral guidance and clinical templates which contains links to a host of useful documentation and tools, referral templates and guidance. These aim to speed up many of the system functions, which clinicians need to access on a daily basis. They will primarily include hyperlinks to published guidelines and pathways (local and national), self-populating referral forms and printable patient information, themed around clinical specialties.
The Derbyshire Pathfinder initiative addresses these by making it easier for clinicians to take the appropriate action in primary care management by:
- Providing clear, standardised information around whether and when to refer
- Using agreed minimum data sets for referrals and
- Directing to community and voluntary services if available
Each referral pathway will have been ratified by the appropriate clinical team in the NHS Derby & Derbyshire Integrated Care Board (ICB) and other stakeholder organisations, before being uploaded into the toolkit. There will be the opportunity for clinicians to support the development of the toolkit, and critique the uploaded pathways and content.
Key features of Derbyshire Pathfinder:
- Provides secondary care clinicians with standardised referrals
- Reduces unnecessary referrals and referral times
- Reduces potentially unnecessary clinic attendances or attendance at the incorrect clinic for the patient
- Provides up to date local pathway, guidance changes and multiple service providers
- Improves collaborative working with all providers, by providing a platform for consistent and uniform communication of pathways and referral criteria, leading to improved use and efficiencies
Please refer to the copyright notice on how materials and resources shared by the project may be utilised.